MRI results of right knee

Anything else.

MRI results of right knee

Postby angel13 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm a 52yr old female who is pretty active. thought I tore my meniscus but results showed otherwise. Posted are the results and I'm not sure what all of this means. Maybe someone can clarify it in more detail.
1. Tendinosis of medial quadriceps tendon, swelling of quadriceps fat pad and edema associated w/ adjacent medial retinaculum.
2. Moderate chondromalacia of the patella with irregular and near full thickness chondral defect of the superior patellar ridge and smooth loss of cartilage at the superior aspect at the medial facet. Adnormal signal intensity of the lateral facet is also evident. the trochlea is intact. Tibiofemoral joint surfacts are within normal limits except for slight surface at the center of the lateral tibial plateau.
3. Signal alteration of the femoral medulliary bone most consistent with hematopoietic marrow hyperplasia. This mary reflect chronic anemia.

FYI - i am not anemia.
Thanks - i have to wait 2 weeks to see an orthopedic which is crazy so not sure what all this means until then. Have a great 4th of July :wink:
angel13
Out of phase

Return to Miscellaneous